Our gentle but thorough kids’ dental cleanings leave little teeth squeaky clean and plaque-free.
We offer a range of cavity prevention services, including quick and easy fluoride varnish, protective dental sealants, ICON infiltrant and nutritional counseling. We’ll help you create a personalized plan to keep your child’s smile healthy and strong.
There are also things you can do at home to keep cavities away:
- Start brushing your baby’s teeth (or tooth) twice a day with a soft-bristled, infant-sized toothbrush as soon as their first tooth erupts.
- You can begin flossing once a day when any two teeth are touching.
- Visit your pediatric dentist for a dental cleaning and exam every six months starting at age 1.
- At age 2, begin brushing twice a day using a tiny smear of fluoride toothpaste (about the size of a grain of rice). You can increase to a pea-sized amount between ages 3 and 6. Brush for two full minutes each session.
- Seal the 6-year and 12-year molars as soon as they come in.
- Limit or avoid fruit juice and sweetened drinks, because they put kids at a higher risk for cavities.
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and cheese are the most smile-friendly snack choices. Have kids steer clear of sticky, sugary snacks like fruit snacks and gummies.
- Limit snacks between meals to less than three per day. Plaque bacteria release cavity-causing acids when we eat, so the more frequently we eat, the more frequently the teeth are exposed to acids.
Dental cleanings give us the chance to get an up-close look at your child’s smile. We can then provide recommendations tailored to their needs.