Walk through what to expect at your child’s first dental visit.
What to Expect
Your child’s first visit is really just a chance for us to get to know you and your little one, teach you some basics about caring for their smile and establish trust and rapport. Our pediatric dentist and team are trained in treating infants, children and teens. We truly make appointments a fun, interactive experience.
At this visit:
- Your child can check out our huge fish tank and beach-themed office while you sign in.
- A friendly team member will take you and your child back to a private treatment room.
- Depending on your child’s age, we may have them sit on your lap. Otherwise, they can hop right on up in the comfy chair.
- Our friendly, board-certified pediatric dentist, Dr. Kristy Hayes, will quickly check your child’s teeth, gums and jaw, while explaining what she’s doing at every step in kid-friendly terms. We’ll even sing some songs!
- Dr. Hayes will chat with you about your child’s oral health and offer personalized guidance on homecare.
- If possible, we’ll do a bit of teeth cleaning. Don’t worry, we’ll give your child headphones and turn on Disney+, so they can watch a show while we clean.
- Of course, we’ll wrap up the visit by giving your child some fresh oral hygiene goodies and letting them choose a prize.